I had off from bow ties today.

After knocking on a few doors, realizing there was nobody in the neighborhood to play H-O-R-S-E with, I went and painted. Now, when I say I went and painted I really mean I was in the studio most of the day listening to Andrew Peterson's new album and planning the next step for 5 in-progress works. Oh boy do I have ideas.

Everything is moving quickly and I'm trying to keep a right pace. That's why I've decided to start doing matte medium image transfers. Recognizable objects and events: give me something to respond to. That's a command. I don't have time for blank canvases.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thinking thoroughly and figuring out how to put it all in words. So nothing is random and a lot is beautiful.

It wasn't an easy morning. I don't remember what my breakfast tasted like. And darn, Lell caught me crying from across her restaurant. That's when I gave up and pleaded with the Lord to remind me of his victory because I just couldn't see past the sin infection.

I let go of something this month, when I burned it in a loaf tray. I also gained something this month. A dainty, pale-blue teacup that I look forward to using often.


No comments:

Post a Comment