Ebenezer Sunrise

I'd like to introduce you to my latest work which is making it's debut this morning at Lell's Cafe. The ongoing series is titled Ebenezer Sunrise.



Last November I began realizing the early eastern sky from my bedroom window. With every awakening I took a photograph, and for most of the cold months this practice led me into days. This series work is about the threshold of a day, the departure of a yesterday, time, grace, the thrill in steeping loose leaf earl grey (that good stuff I gathered from Arizona), the regular but never uneventful low fat apple cinnamon granola and honey over plain cream top yogurt, and the scriptures caching in my core. If you're wondering about the title, I live on Ebenezer Avenue. Consider also the meaning of the word, stone of help. The colder months are over now and my mornings look much different. I still rise delivered (in Christ that is).

View the first two pieces of the series at the cafe and eat a breakfast burrito for me, or with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment