Polymer lifts procedure

1. Matte medium gel by the globs, on top of a piece of glass.
Paint (and sometimes collage) on top of the dry matte medium gel. Image can be watched from other side of the glass.















2. A detail of above.




















3. When the painting is finished and completely dry, another glob of matte medium goes down...




















4. ... and then cheese cloth.




















5. ... and then a piece of paper or canvas.
The next day I lift up the paper or canvas and everything comes up with it.




















6. End.

1 comment:

Ross said...

Hello,
I found your blog through cameron bunce, whom I met at church in NYC this past weekend.

I really love your work. You're very talented.

I am a photographer. Would you ever consider a trade? Photograph for painting? Of course, it depends on whether you like my work. Most of it is documentary, but some of it has a more fine art feel.

you can see it at www.surfacebelow.com
It's an old site, I'm sorry. Anyway, no harm done if you don't feel like trading.

Keep up the great work. You are creating some really beautiful pieces.

-Ross
please email at roscosdesign@yahoo.com

Post a Comment